Children washing their hands correctly
Children need to know that you should wash your hands:
- after being outdoors or getting your hands dirty
- after using the bathroom
- after touching animals
- before and after touching food
- after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
For a simple handwashing lesson, have your child:
- Wash hands in warm water.
- Use soap and lather up for about 20 seconds. Get in between the fingers and under the nails. Wash the wrists, too.
- Rinse hands.
- Dry well with a clean towel.