More of our Glo Run Pictures. A big “Thank You” to Rahim Jamal!He took about 100 so I will be posting them daily for a bit.I hope you enjoy !
You need to take in between five and 13 portions of fruits and vegetables every day. This is equivalent to about 2 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups daily, depending upon the amount of calories you have to take in for your weight and level of activity.
- Prevalence: In 2015, 30.3 million Americans, or 9.4% of the population, had diabetes.
- Approximately 1.25 million American children and adults have type 1 diabetes.
- Undiagnosed: Of the 30.3 million adults with diabetes, 23.1 million were diagnosed, and 7.2 million were undiagnosed.
- Prevalence in Seniors: The percentage of Americans age 65 and older remains high, at 25.2%, or 12.0 million seniors (diagnosed and undiagnosed).
- New Cases: 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes every year.
- Prediabetes: In 2015, 84.1 million Americans age 18 and older had prediabetes.
Gardening is a healthy way of eating veggies and fruits!
Congratulations to Coach Brennan and our kids! We also would like to thank the staff at Baker.
They won 2nd place at our 12th Annual Glo Run! Congratulations!
Thank you to the Coaches and Staff at Rose Shaw Elementary. I enjoyed your kids! We had 234 kids in attendance. We learned about our friend Banunu, Peaches, and Berry and how they eat healthy and exercise. We also learned about the importance of drinking water is opposed to drinks with a lot of sugar in them for instance Sunkist, sour patch kids candy, and Coca Cola. I also got to see their garden they grew and it was very impressive. We took pictures of the kids, their teachers and coach in front of their garden. Your kids are amazing!